At Banks Lane Junior School we have a successful and enthusiastic school council. Each class has 2 Councillors who represent their classmates at fortnightly School Council Meetings.
The School Council make important decisions and implement new initiatives such as healthy snack playtimes.
From Banks Lane School Council
- Try to bring a bottle of fresh drinking water to school every day. It helps to improve your concentration in lessons.
- Don’t add fruit flavours because they contain sugar. Sugar is not good for your teeth.
- Take small sips of water while you are working at your desk, especially in the afternoon, because this is when you become most dehydrated.
- If you spill water accidentally, find a paper towel to wipe it up.
- Do not squirt water at each other.